Kitchdi is a soul food that balances tri doshas in the body.
It keeps your soul satisfied, your body satisfied, your digestive system satisfied.
It is a perfect balance of Carbs + Fiber + Protein + Minerals in an Easily Digested Form.
Soupy Form and Well Cooked Ingredients go easy on digestion
Rice + Dal provide satisfying Carbs and Protein
Vegetables provide Fiber and Minerals
All of them together is so soulful to mind and body.
When to Eat ?
Ayurveda uses it as medicine to bring balance to the body when it has gone out of balance.
Are you tired after Travelling?
Have it for dinner and sleep well before 10 PM
Are you feeling uneasy with your body ?
Have it 3 times a day with no other food for that day.
Are you feeling heavy with your body ?
Do Kitchdi Cleanse for 3 days
Have it twice a day with Lemon + Ginger + Honey day for rest of the day
- 90% boiled non sticky Rice
- Any of below Well cooked Lentils
- Yellow Dal aka Moong Dal or
- Red/Orange/Pink Dal aka Masoor Dal or
- Split Pigeon Peas aka Toor Dal
- Cooked Vegetables
- Green Peas
- Turmeric – 1 pinch
- Oil / Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6
- Green Chilly – 3
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 bunch
- Heat thick sauce pan in medium heat and Add Oil
- When the oil is heated, Add jeera, green chilly, turmeric
- When the chilies is changing its texture, Add curry leaves
- When the curry leaves are starting to get roasted, Add cooked vegetables and Sautee them
- Add Salt and Sautee them
- When vegetable is starting to absorb the oil, Pour cooked Dal (aka Lentils)
- Add water to desired consistency and cook.
- Taste it and Add Salt if required.
- When Dal + Vegetables are boiling, Add Boiled Rice and Cook for 5 minutes
- Stop the heat and Top it with 1 tsp Ghee and chopped coriander leaves
Alternate Quick Process from Raw
- In a pressure cooker, Put oil + turmeric + green chilli + garlic + garlic and Sautee until garlic and chilli is changing their texture
- Add 1 cup rice + 1 cup dal (non cooked rice/dal)
- Add 1 1/2 cup water + Salt and mix it
- Put the Lid and Heat on high flame for 3 whistles
- Turn off the heat and wait until steam is gone
- Once steam is gone, Heat it in medium flame and add water to desired consistency and cook or 3 minutes
- Serve it in a boil and top it with 1 tsp Ghee and Chopped coriander.
Have a blessed day !!